NATRAX has state of the art lab facilities for Vehicle suspension design and development. As NATRAX is to be the Centre of Excellence for Vehicle Dynamics, all the test equipment’s are specifically for developmental purposes.
NATRAX consists of:
- Kinematic and Compliance machine.
- Steering test rig.
- Elastomer test rig.
- Damper test rig.
- Vibration measurement test rig.
NATRAX also consists of an Emission Lab with 4×4 Chassis dyno.
Kinematic and Compliance machine.
Kinematic and Compliance machine or K&C machine is a special vehicle suspension parameter measuring machine which was designed and developed by M/s AB Dynamics, UK. The machine at NATRAX is a Single Axle machine, which can test vehicles upto 4000 kg.
- Max vehicle weight: 4000 kg
- Axle load: 2200 kg
- Track range: 1.1 mtr (min) to 2.1 mtr (max)
- Steering wheel angle: Unlimited range.
- Test rig movement:
- Vertical bounce: ± 190 mm
- Roll angle: ± 10°
- Pitch angle: ±8°
- Kinematic tests.
- Compliance tests.
Lateral compliance test.
Longitudinal compliance test.
- Steering torque test.
Steering test rig.
The steering system test rig is from M/s MTS system and is hydraulic operated. The test rig is capable of Durability testing of all kinds of Steering systems.
- Load cell capability: ±25kN (Left and Right actuator)
- Lateral displacement/ actuator stroke: ±125mm
- Steer displacement: ± 1080°
- Steer torque: 150 Nm
- Frequency range: 40 Hz.
- Durability testing of automotive steering systems.
- Actual road load data testing & simulations using RPC Pro.
Elastomer Characterization Test Rig
The Elastomer test rig is from M/s MTS system and is hydraulic operated. The test rig is capable of testing all kinds of automotive elastomeric components (rubber and rubber -metal bonding) like engine mounts and suspension bushings.
- Load cell capacity: ±100kN
- Actuator stroke: ± 150 mm
- Dynamic stroke: ±50 mm.
- Frequency range: 150 Hz.
- Performance testing of Engine mounts and rubber bushings.
- Static deflection of rubber materials and rubber -metal bonded components.
- Dynamic deflection of rubber materials and rubber -metal bonded components.
Damper / Shock Absorber Test Rig
The Damper/ shock absorber test rig is from M/s MTS system and is hydraulic operated. The test rig is capable of testing all kinds of automotive dampers.
- Load cell capacity: ±25kN
- Test velocity: upto 40 m/s
- Actuator stroke: 250 mm
- damper length: 1560 mm.
- Frequency range: 100 Hz.
- Side load rating: 9kN
- Performance testing of Shock absorbers.
- Stand alone axial loading frame with side load fixture.
- Jounce rubber testing.